Voices for Scotland is looking for our new Campaign Organiser!
Voices for Scotland is the campaign organisation that seeks to plan, deliver and win the next campaign for Scottish Independence. It is the campaigning and fundraising arm of the Scottish Independence Convention, a coalition of independence supporting organisations. Its goal is to lift the support for Scottish Independence to about 60%, building on the independence movement that delivered a 45% vote in favour of independence in 2014.
We are looking for a dynamic, flexible and enthusiastic person who is a strong supporter of Scottish Independence to become our new Campaign Organiser. The successful candidate will need to work effectively with all parts of the independence movement and will be responsible to the Voices for Scotland Board of Directors. This opportunity comes at an exciting and worrying time in our politics: there is no room for complacency and we have the chance to create a better future for our country.
Flexible working requests, including job-shares, are welcomed and can be discussed prior to application (email email@example.com) and at the interview stage.
Basic role information:
• Salary: £27,500
• Full time / jobshare considered
• Contract: 6 months fixed term, with extension dependent on fundraising
• Location: Home-working, with a future possibility of an office probably in the central belt
• Closing date: 5pm, Friday 30 August 2019
• Interviews: To be held in early September 2019
To apply for this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4, outlining your suitability for the post, and how you meet the criteria in the person specification and experience below. Please also include the names and contact details of two referees (referees will not be contacted prior to interview). Please also complete the Equal Opportunities monitoring form.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 30 August 2019. Interviews will be held within the subsequent two weeks.
As the Voices for Scotland Campaign Organiser, you will engage with and support the grassroots independence movement. You will have campaigning experience, including in communications, organising and fundraising. You will be adaptable and flexible, with the enthusiasm and drive to work for a new organisation in a dynamic landscape.
Roles and responsibilities
1. Delivery of the VfS independence campaign strategy
2. Work with local, regional and national independence campaign groups, providing activism training, assisting event organisation and other support as required
3. Support the fundraising work of VfS, working alongside Board members
4. Develop and maintain external communications for Voices for Scotland, including the website, social media and some mainstream media
5. Develop and maintain a digital resource hub for independence campaigners
6. Maintaining accurate and up to date records of relationships across the independence movement ensuring compliance with data protection legislation
7. Undertake any other relevant aspects of campaign organising as directed by the VfS Board.
Person specification and experience
You will be:
1. An experienced campaigner with an excellent track record of delivering successful campaigns
2. Self-starting and able to work independently and as part of a small team
3. Politically aware and sensitive to the integrity of Voices for Scotland and the wider independence movement
4. Able to inspire enthusiasm in a diverse range of groups
5. Energetic and creative in delivering ideas and developing those proposed by others
6. Effective at building and growing networks
7. Experienced in digital communications and website development
8. Self-motivated and able to multi-task, problem-solve and work within deadlines and time constraints
9. An effective communicator in a range of situations which will include friendly and hostile audiences
10. Creative in delivering ideas and developing those proposed by others
11. Committed to building a fair, compassionate and inclusive independence campaign, ensuring the promotion of equality and diversity in all VfS does.
You will have the following experience, either from the workplace, voluntary activities or personal experience:
1. Experience in effective campaigns
2. A good track record of delivering projects successfully and on time
3. Familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp, and other online platforms and programs
4. Experience in effective and engaging communications, both verbally and in writing, including the production of high quality, accessible written and visual information in a variety of formats
1. Some fundraising experience
2. Experience in designing graphics, image macros and other materials for social media
3. Some knowledge of research work to inform and support campaign delivery
4. Some experience managing budgets and producing financial reports
Conditions of employment
The successful applicant will be employed for 35 hours a week, with some evening and weekend working required, and travel around Scotland (flexible working and job-share arrangements can be discussed prior to and at interview). You will be entitled to 35 days holiday per annum including public holidays, and to the statutory pension contribution.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about the role please email email@example.com either with your name and telephone number or any questions and we will call/email you back.